Wednesday 19 December 2012

new voluntary job

Just in the last few weeks I have taken on a new voluntary job as "Footpath Warden " for the village where I live.
I saw the job advertised in our local newspaper ,and as I walk Honey every day I thought I would apply.
There are two of us who are going to job share the role,and as there are 47 paths to be walked we will be kept busy enough :)
The public footpaths and bridleways have to be walked at least once a year and notes kept of any problems which will have to be reported back to the borough council ,I suspect with my love of walking with Honey will mean we will walk them much more often and become a regular feature that people will be meeting along the paths.
I am looking forward to this new addition to the routine of my week, and to it making our daily walks more interesting by making them more varied without always travelling far from home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment