Thursday 9 August 2012

Darling Buds of May & Vicar of Dibbley

On our walk today I bumped into our local vicar.Now I`m not one who goes to church every Sunday,just now and then ,but I do know our local church and vicar well.
I haven`t seen Father Micheal for a while, and he was eager to be introduced to Honey as he hadn`t seen her before,but I had to chuckle to myself as "Darling Buds of May" sprang into my mind, the scene where pop Larkin says he doesn`t worship in a dusty old church but out in the sunshine and beautiful countryside which is what I think ,and "Vicar of Dibbley" as to the service she held for the animals and to say praise for all our loving animals.

2 comments:

  1. So.. Honey has another admirer:)
    It's been a lovely day for 'walkies' Just as well you didn't go by the canal or Honey would've been cooling off in it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an encounter with the canal a few weeks ago ,Honey fell in by accident, she hasn`t got a taste for it yet .. but with the recent warm weather perhaps it is just a matter of time :)

    ReplyDelete